Whole Smoked Turkey
Happy Holidays from Crossbuck! We know this season is a busy one for many. Let us lighten the load by taking care of the Turkey this year. Our Whole Smoked Turkey is brined in a specific celery extract that helps break down the meat while keeping the moisture inside to make it more tender.
- Our items are perishable. We ship Mondays and Tuesdays and typically process orders within 1 business day. Delivery dates during the holidays may be delayed. Please allow for extra shipment time.
Whole Smoked Turkey
While smoked turkey may not be a fixture on every BBQ menu, Tim felt it was important that any restaurant claiming to be the Crossroads of American BBQ would feature turkey. Heck, Ben Franklin even quipped that the turkey was a more “respectable bird” than the bald eagle and turkey is typically the most popular deli meat sold in the USA.
With that said, Crossbuck’s smoked turkey starts with a fresh, authentic, extra-large turkey. It’s brined in a specific celery extract that helps break down the meat while keeping the moisture inside to make it more tender.
It’s then seasoned with a variety of spices to impart additional layers of flavor before its placed into the smoker where it is cooked low ‘n slow in our custom-built offset smokers. After 4 to 5 hours of exposure to the Crossbuck’s smoky blend of post oak, hickory and fruit wood, the result is a smoked turkey that is undeniably tasty and tender
- Whole Smoked Turkey: 8-10 lbs.
Each Turkey is individually packed in vacuum sealed bags that lock in the flavor.
- The vacuum sealed packages are wrapped in butcher paper, surrounded by ice packs and placed in boxes with insulated liners.
- To avoid the risks of the meats sitting in a warehouse over the weekend, we ship Monday - Tuesday and typically process orders within 1 business day.
10-12 lb. Package:
Note: Do not puncture or open vacuum sealed packaging. Meat will be heated in packaging.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Put package in a baking dish (baking dish should be filled with 2 inches of water with packages)
- Loosely cover with foil
- Heat for 60-75 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached
- Remove from oven, uncover, and remove the bag (very carefully) from the pan
- Allow the product to rest for 25 minutes
- Open Bag and Enjoy!
Items need to go into either the fridge to thaw for consumption within 7 days or into the freezer for up to 9 months.