Taste of Crossbuck
Not ready to commit to just one thing? That's fine with us! Tim McLaughlin has taken some well-known barbecue classics and given them his signature flare. Taste of Crossbuck platter highlights some of the best products Crossbuck has to offer, including our famously known Smoked Brisket, Brisket Candy, Black Molasses Pulled Pork, and so many more mouthwatering meats ready to be devoured!
- Our items are perishable. We ship Mondays and Tuesdays and typically process orders within 1 business day.
The Taste of Crossbuck Includes...
Our Famed Pitmaster builds on his 15 years of brisket smoking experience to deliver a smoked brisket with the perfect combination of tender, smoky flavor and a crisp “sugar cookie crust.” No wrapping or steaming, Crossbuck brisket is cooked low n’ slow over a blend of post oak, hickory and fruit wood for a truly Texas taste.
Kansas City may be the home of burnt ends, but Texas is the brisket capital of the World. So to honor KC, but with a Texas twist, Tim and his team of pitmasters created a one-of-a-kind burnt end which we affectionately call Brisket Candy™.
Texas Style Smoked Sausage
For Crossbuck’s Texas Style Sausage, our fine dining chef, turned famed pitmaster wanted to stray from the practice of using yesterday’s scraps in the sausage to a recipe featuring Fresh, Natural ingredients. He got rid of the gooey cheese, replaced the jalapeño with smoked poblano peppers and packed it all in an all-natural casing before smoking to perfection.
Black Molasses Pulled Pork
For Crossbuck’s pulled pork, Pitmaster Tim took a traditional Carolina pulled pork recipe, replaced apple juice with “Mexican Coca-Cola” and traded out the apple cider vinegar for a balsamic vinegar to give it a slightly heavier sweetness. After smoking for about 18-20 hours in Crossbuck’s blend of post oak, hickory, and fruit wood, the meat is pulled and coated with a beautiful, black molasses barbecue sauce reminiscent of a traditional char siu barbecue sauce.
St.Louis Style Smoked Ribs
Chef-pitmaster Tim combines the best of Memphis, KC and Texas in a St. Louis style rib for Crossbuck's one-of-a-kind creation - seasoned and gently sauced with a bite.
Soy Smoked Chicken
Juicy, dark meat, leg quarters marinated for 24 hours in a blend of soy, pickled ginger and olive oil and then transformed through the Crossbuck smoking process.
Smoked Turkey Breast
Crossbuck’s smoked turkey starts with a fresh, authentic, extra-large turkey breast…not some processed, glued together parts designed for a deli case. It’s brined in a specific celery extract that helps break down the meat while keeping the moisture inside to make it more tender.
In the Box
- Smoked Brisket: 1 lb.
- Brisket Candy™ (Burnt Ends): 1 lb.
- Texas Style Smoked Sausage: 1 lb.
- Black Molasses Pulled Pork: 1 lb.
- St.Louis Style Ribs: 1 lb.
- Soy Smoked Chicken: 1 lb.
- Smoked Turkey Breast 1 lb.
Each product is individually packed in a vacuum sealed bag that locks in the flavor.
- The vacuum sealed packages are wrapped in butcher paper, surrounded by ice packs and placed in boxes with insulated liners.
- To avoid the risks of the meats sitting in a warehouse over the weekend, we ship Monday - Tuesaday and typically process orders within 1 business day.
Note: Do not puncture or open vacuum sealed packaging. Meat will be heated in packaging.
Small: 1-2 lb. Packages
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Put 1-2 packages in a baking dish (baking dish should be filled with 2 inches of water with packages)
- Cover with foil
- Heat for 30-45 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached
- Remove from oven, uncover, and remove the bag (very carefully) from the pan
- Allow the product to rest for 5 minutes*
- Open Bag and Enjoy!
*If product came with a seasoning packet, after resting for 5 minutes, place the meat into a clean baking dish. Pour the entire contents of the seasoning packet onto the meat. Bake uncovered for 10 minutes. Take out and let it rest for 10 minutes. Now, it is ready to enjoy.*
Items need to go into either the fridge to thaw for consumption within 7 days or into the freezer for up to 9 months.