4 lbs. – Individually Packaged in 1 lb. Bags - For Crossbuck’s pulled pork, Pitmaster Tim took a traditional Carolina pulled pork recipe, replaced apple juice with “Mexican Coca-Cola” and traded out the apple cider vinegar for a balsamic vinegar to give it a slightly heavier sweetness. After smoking for about 18-20 hours in Crossbuck’s blend of post oak, hickory, and fruit wood, the meat is pulled and coated with a beautiful, black molasses barbecue sauce reminiscent of a traditional char siu barbecue sauce.
- Our items are perishable. We ship Mondays and Tuesdays and typically process orders within 1 business day.
Black Molasses Pulled Pork:
Crossbuck’s Black Molasses Pulled Pork has been inspired by one of the “Pulled pork capitals of the USA" – North Carolina. Pulled pork is so popular in the Carolina’s that they have vastly different styles throughout the entire region. For Crossbuck’s pulled pork, Pitmaster Tim looked at the traditional Carolina pulled pork that featured an apple juice and apple cider vinegar spritz, but he wanted to put his own spin on it. So, he replaced the apple juice with a pure cane sugar “Mexican Coca-Cola” and traded out the apple cider vinegar for a balsamic vinegar to give it a slightly heavier sweetness.
The pork is smoked for about 18-20 hours in Crossbuck’s blend of post oak, hickory, and fruit wood and the rub and spritz combine to caramelize and give the pork a nice, beautiful color. Once the meat is done smoking, Tim taps into his experience as a fine-dining chef to blend in some Asian influence with a beautiful, black molasses barbecue sauce reminiscent of traditional char siu barbecue sauce. The result? A unique flavor profile and delectable pulled pork dish that keeps you wanting more.
- (4) 1 lb. packages
All pulled pork is individually packed in vacuum sealed bags that lock in flavor.
- The vacuum sealed packages are wrapped in butcher paper, surrounded by ice packs and placed in boxes with insulated liners.
- To avoid the risks of the meats sitting in a warehouse over the weekend, we ship Monday - Tuesday and typically process orders within 1 business day.
Note: Do not puncture or open vacuum sealed packaging. Meat will be heated in packaging.
Small: 1-2 lb. Packages
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Put 1-2 packages in a baking dish (baking dish should be filled with 2 inches of water with packages)
- Loosely cover with foil
- Heat for 30-45 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached
- Remove from oven, uncover, and remove the bag (very carefully) from the pan
- Allow the product to rest for 5 minutes*
- Open Bag and Enjoy!
Items need to go into either the fridge to thaw for consumption within 7 days or into the freezer for up to 9 months.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I live in North Carolina... THE UNDISPUTED CAPITAL of BBQ PORK. So when I was sent this as a gift, I had to laugh..."Black Molasses Pulled Pork" what the hell is that? Well, it was great! Turns out I actually like some things not invented in Carolina.