Smoked Pork Ribs
2 Full Racks (Approximately 12 Ribs Each) Individually packaged in vacuum-sealed bags. - Chef-pitmaster Tim combines the best of Memphis, KC and Texas in a St. Louis style rib for Crossbuck's one-of-a-kind creation - seasoned and gently sauced with a bite.
- Our items are perishable. We ship Mondays and Tuesdays and typically process orders within 1 business day.
St. Louis Style Smoked Pork Ribs
When Tim sat down to create these mouthwatering ribs, he looked to Kansas City and Memphis for inspiration. He concluded that he wanted to combine the tastes of Charlie Vergos’s famous dry rub ribs with the saucy flavors of his Kansas City favorites while still paying homage to Texas and his St. Louis roots.
He decided to use a St. Louis style cut of ribs – a nice uniform slab that cooks evenly and presents well. Then, to honor Memphis BBQ, he seasoned the ribs with a rub of spices to create the flavor typically found in a dry rubbed rib.Of course, dry rub ribs are not really a “thing” where Tim was raised in the Midwest. So, he created a sauce and lightly basted the ribs prior to entering the smoker. He then pulled them out midway to give them another gentle baste and impart the sauce's flavor while still maintaining much of the original dry rub taste.
Finally, the ribs are smoked for hours over his blend of oak, hickory and fruit wood to create a totally unique flavor. Ribs with a “bite.” Ribs with a crusty, saucy finish, and have you asking for more. Ribs that truly represent the crossroads of American BBQ.
- 2 racks (approx. 12 ribs each)
Each Rack is individually packed in vacuum sealed bags that lock in flavor.
- The vacuum sealed packages are wrapped in butcher paper, surrounded by ice packs and placed in boxes with insulated liners.
- To avoid the risks of the meats sitting in a warehouse over the weekend, we ship Monday - Tuesday and typically process orders within 1 business day.
Small: 1-2 lb. Packages
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Put 1-2 packages in a baking dish (baking dish should be filled with 2 inches of water with packages)
- Loosely cover with foil
- Heat for 30-45 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached
- Remove from oven, uncover, and remove the bag (very carefully) from the pan
- Allow the product to rest for 5 minutes
- Open Bag and Enjoy!
Items need to go into either the fridge to thaw for consumption within 7 days or into the freezer for up to 9 months.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
These ribs are AWESOME. It seems like everyone here in St. Louis drowns their ribs in barbecue sauce and brags about how they fall off the bone. So nice to be able to get a dry rubbed rib with a little bite to it!
As an expert BBQ tester (no this not my full-time job), I have to say that Tim has really hit on something here. The combination of tastes was really unique and everyone at my party loved them.