Smoked Prime Rib
Choose a 4 lb. or 6 lb. Roast - Take your next special dinner to a new level with Crossbuck’s smoked prime rib. It’s marinated with a blend of bacon-fat and spices, seared in more bacon fat, and Smoked with Love in Crossbuck’s blend of post oak, hickory and fruit wood to give it a dark, flavorful crust that is sure to delight.
- Our items are perishable. We ship Mondays and Tuesdays and typically process orders within 1 business day.
- Gift wrapping:
- Options available
Smoked Prime Rib
Crossbuck’s Smoked Prime Rib started as an homage to California's tri-tip... and as a way for pitmaster Tim to offer a more tender cut of beef to his customers. It ended up being more of a tribute to bacon.
As a fine dining chef, Tim always had an appreciation for what a fine cut of meat the prime rib was, but he wondered what would happen if he replaced the fat that naturally cooked out of the prime rib during the smoking process. Which led him to bacon and the thought, "What isn’t better with bacon?" So, he created a marinade of bacon fat with a blend of sage, rosemary and thyme and coated a prime rib roast.
He placed it in the smoker for a short while, pulled it out and then seared it in a little more bacon fat. This process yielded a dark, flavorful crust and replaced some of the fat that was naturally cooking out during the smoking process. He then put it back into the dry smoker where it is smoked with Crossbuck's special blend of wood to create a beautiful medium rare prime rib with its own unique flavor.
- 4 lb. or 6lb. Prime Rib
- Extra seasoning packet
All Prime Rib is individually packed in vacuum sealed bags that lock in flavor.
- The vacuum sealed packages are wrapped in butcher paper, surrounded by ice packs and placed in boxes with insulated liners.
- To avoid the risks of the meats sitting in a warehouse over the weekend, we ship Monday - Tuesday and typically process orders within 1 business day.
Note: Do not puncture or open vacuum sealed packaging. Meat will be heated in packaging.
Medium: 3-7 lb. Packages
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Put package in a baking dish (baking dish should be filled with 2 inches of water with packages)
- Loosely cover with foil
- Heat for 60-75 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached
- Remove from oven, uncover, and remove the bag (very carefully) from the pan
- Allow the product to rest for 15 minutes*
- Open Bag and Enjoy!
- After resting for 5 minutes, place the meat into a clean baking dish.
- Sprinkle the entire contents of the seasoning packet onto the meat.
- Bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Take out and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Now, it is ready to enjoy!
Items need to go into either the fridge to thaw for consumption within 7 days or into the freezer for up to 9 months.